(Admissions are made by University through Online centralised counselling conducted by any of the Sate Govt. University as competent authority to make online admissions on merit bases) Standards for Secondary Teacher Education Programme / B.Ed. Programme
- The secondary teacher education programme, commonly known as B.Ed., is meant for preparing teachers for secondary/senior secondary schools.
Duration and Intake:
- The B.Ed. programme is a regular course of two year duration.
- Intake of 100 students.
Eligibility Conditions for Admission to B.Ed. Two Year Regular Course
Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree or any other Qualification recognised as equivalent thereto are eligible for admission to the programme.
- There shall be no rounding off of percentage of marks of the qualifying examination from 0.5% and above to next higher number for determining the eligibility i.e. 49.5%and above will not be rounded off to 50%.
- 47.5%marks for SC/ST candidates of Haryana State only. (As per letter dated :-16-07-2014).
- 47.5%marks for Blind /Persons with Disabilities and visually/Hearing Impaired candidates.
- In case a candidate has passed the Master Degree Examination also after Bachelor Degree, the higher percentage of marks obtained in either of the two will be taken into consideration while preparing the merit.
- Compartmental candidates will not be allowed admission in B.Ed. (Regular Course) in any case.
- Cut off date for eligibility will be the last date/time of online choice filling.
- One year PG diploma in any subject will not be considered equivalent to Master’s Degree.